Thursday 20 November 2008

Pluralistic or hegemony....

The pluralistic model is a model which lets the audience think for themselves in an active role and believe that the media is not always true. This theory is seen to be a theory which takes in the audience interest and their choice it does not try to mediate the text in any way to tell the truth.

The Hegemony model is a biased view on the media which is seen by the audience. This model sugessts that the upper rurling class who are involved in the industry have a big influence on the media as they show what they want the audience to see.

The model which i think is most relevant to me is a bit of both of them. I think this because me myself, can be both an active and passive depeding on the media text that I'am focusing on.

No comments: