Thursday 2 April 2009

Halloween:UK

The remake of Halloween which i propose for release in 2010 would d have similar conventions and techniques to the original however I would vary certain aspects of the film so that it is more interesting and engages the audience deeper.

Firstly, I would keep the character of the villain as his white faced mask works well with the genre of the film. The character's posture and his murder weapon suits the film and really grips the audience into the characters move.

I would also keep the soundtrack of the film as the original Halloween soundtrack is recognised all over the world and appeals to thousands. The soundtrack is original and is recognised for it being related to Halloween, which is a reason why i would keep this aspect of the film.

The aspects I would change for the remake would be to alter the narrative of the film as it is very basic. I would alter the film to have a twist in the end where by the audience will be in shock and make them watch the sequel if there is one.

Another aspect i would change for the remake would be not including the final girl. Although this convention is known for in the slasher genre, I would break the convention and not include the final and have the killer live on. This change may have a negative effect to it but it can have a positive one as well.

Overall, I think that my ideas are intresting however, I think that I will be breaking the orginial film too much which may result in a poor remake which wont make no money. Ideas such as not having the final girl would stand out to an audience but not be as intresting for them as if there was a final girl.

No comments: