Monday 20 April 2009

"Can we determine genre from Mise-en-Scene?"

Intro
In the intrduction of this essay I will be introducing the signifcance of mis-en-scene and what role it has in films. Following on from this I will then talk about genre and the theory behind it. I will use the slasher genre as a refference to this essay.

Paro 1
In the first paragraph I will be talking about the typical costumes that are contained within the salsher genre. I will discuss whether this determins the genre and what effect it has on the audience.

Paro 2
In the second paragraph I will be analysing the characters role in slasher genre making refference to the final girl. I will link this to society and talk about how women have gained more powerful roles in the years due to feminisim.

Paro 3
In the third paragraph I will be discussing the music which is profound in the slasher genre and how it creates the mood and atmosphere for the audience. Talk about how the string instruments and dark beats made refference to the genre.

Paro 4
In the fourth paragraph I will be analysing the lighting and setting that the slasher genre conforms. I will make refference to TCM the new and the old version to see how they have kept the same to keep the authenticity of the production.

Conclusion
In the conslusion I will sum up the title of the essay, summarising what I have wrote in the essay so far. I will conclude all the points i have made and decide whether or not we can determine genre from mis-en-scene and give my own opinion on it.

No comments: