Monday 20 April 2009

"Genres must adopt to survive" Discuss...

Intro
In the introduction of this essay title I was will be introducing what genre is and how can it be defined. Following on from this I will give examples of what types of genre there are and how people know if films fit into that specific genre. Lastly I will talk about the slasher genre and give brief outline of which films I will be paying attention to more closely.

Paro 1
In the first paragraph I will discuss the institutions of each film and see whether technology has made a massive difference for the slasher trying to survive. I will look in detail at scary movie due to the effects of the "matrix" being used in the film.

Paro 2
In the second paragraph I will be assessing the ideologies and values that took place in soceity historically and in the contemporoary. The reason for this is becuase the audience expecations have maybe changed over the years and if so what have they changed into and why. I will used the old version of TCM against the new version of TCM as a refference.

Paro 3
I will be seeing if any film has tried to break the typical conventions to the slasher genre and see came out good from it and what came out bad from it. I will be looking as scary movie as an example as it is a spoof.

Paro 4
I will talk about the political rights on cencorship which films were and wern't allowed depending on the time period in which they have been made. Looking at the old TCM and the new TCM.

Conclusion
I will conclude the title up in a summary, followed by a point about genre and then I will give my own opinion to make the title not biased.

No comments: