Monday 20 April 2009

Outline recent significant developments in one genre of your choice. Illustrae your answer with examples...

Intro
In the introduction I will give a brief description to what genre is and how it can be definied. From this I will introduce the slasher genre and state what typical conventions are always seen in them. After this I will then introduce scary movie as my essay being based upon that movie.

Paro 1
In the first paragraph I will disguinsh the difference between a sub-genre and a genre and talk about how that has become a development in itself. I will give a general feedback to see what impact it had on the audience and what is it popular?

Paro 2
In the second paragraph I will be disucssing the spoof genre and how the film scary movie devleloped its own genre through slasher conventions. I will talk about what impact it had on the audience and was it for escapsim puropses so that the audience can get away?

Paro 3
In the third paragraph I will talk about society and discuss the narratives of slasher genre and see if this had an effect to why the genre had to develop. Maybe the stroylines became to obvious for the audience? The killer may have been easy to identify? Talk about how scary movie had scenes from different films and see if this was to interact with the audience more.

Paro 4
In the foruth paragraph I will analyse the difference in slasher films today to the past and see what changes have been made and to what reason. I will also see if the films were exaggerated or is it today's films which are?

Conclusion
In the conclusion I will summarise the title and conclude what i have written in the essay in a short paragraph and give me own feedback so that i show my understanding to the examiner.

No comments: